October 2nd – 13th 2014.
All images are protected by copyright.
Do not use without permission.
For usage, please contact Shaelah directly.
since I posted anything.
That’s partly due to the fact that I have been without a suitable computer for a couple of weeks now (it is making me crazy, I tell you) thanks to mine ceasing to work. I just received the good word though…. I believe I should have my baby back very very soon! Then I must put in a monster effort to get through all the work I have missed….
I have some very exciting projects coming up! Some portfolio shoots with some fantastic stylists… some lookbooks… more tests… so much to show you… once I have the ability to actually put the images through photoshop!
http://www.thephotographylink.com/ < recently become a big fan of this site! If you’re into fashion photography, you should definitely check it out.
Also http://bentrovatoblog.com/ ….like anything, there are bits I don’t like here and there, but on the whole I find it pretty inspirational.
http://www.fashionserved.com/ great for a browse and to get your thoughts rolling! There’s also a photography section and a typography section I regularly visit.
I leave you with this:
An image from my recent test with the wonderful Myra Maxwell @ Viviens… as I don’t have the ability to actually process my images, this is literally right out of the camera. Isn’t she gorgeous?? And our great team did yet another fantastic job, I can’t wait to show you the finished photos. 🙂
Hair & Makeup: Tracie Weaver
Styling: Alicia Coleman
Happy New Year and God bless!
I hope 2011 brings everything you hope for and more…. 🙂
I’m a little apprehensive about mine… it’s my first year of having nothing set out for me – having finished uni finally in 2010 – and while this is exciting it’s scary as well! I’m trying to convince myself to face it head on, but when you don’t know which direction you should be facing, that’s harder than it seems.
1. I am going to be shooting pretty regularly for a company that I am extremely excited to be working with! More on that soon… and there will be many new photos (obviously) as well! If you are an MUA, hair stylist, or fashion stylist please contact me if you’re interested in becoming involved 🙂
2. I finally have a casual job, for the first time in a year and a half. I am ridiculously excited about it. I have had so much trouble gaining employment because I was not available enough, and too old for most places to consider me. Now that I have no more uni (woo!) I have crossed one of those problems off the list! Now to sort out Christmas presents…. hm…
3. I am still trying to sort out the issues with marking at my uni but I think (maybe) we might be making headway.
4. I did surprisingly well in my last semester of uni, and am going to graduate on 17th December 2010!
5. I’m 99% sure I’m going to be showing my work at the Creative Drinks Christmas Party on Thursday 16th December at Bleeding Heart Gallery, here is the facebook event link http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110315835704124&ref=mf you should all buy tickets and come along!
I’m very excited and nervous at the same time! I’m working around the tentative theme of ‘In Between.’
If you could pick an image or series of images of mine to show, which ones would they be?
6. I have a test shoot with a very beautiful model coming up, I’m so looking forward to it!
7. I went to Stradbroke Island for a friend’s birthday. It was my first time and I fell in love.
That’s about all I can think of for now; I’m sure there’s something I’ve forgotten but it will have to wait for another day! 🙂
So uni is complete. There are still issues that need to be sorted out, but either way I’m 99% sure I’m graduating… which leads to the looking for work. Ah. Yes. That.
I feel like I should be WAY more excited than I am… mostly I’m just tired and nervous and… thinking that it all just hasn’t sunk in properly yet…
I had my first interview in years today, it was just for a retail job… but the fact that I actually got the interview took enough stress off my mind for me to actually sit back, relax and watch a movie when I got home!
It was The Secret Life of Bees. I read the book first, then saw the film… which made me bawl. Let me just say, Queen Latifah can do a really convincing heart-wrenching cry, coz I do not often cry in movies.
Anyway. Sometime very soon all my portfolio will be on my website, and it will be all nicely updated and such… in the mean time here is a pattern from one of my projects:
It really looks so much better big and printed 🙂
So I’ve been away for a while and a lot has happened.
I took some pretty photos for a magazine, tears of which I will put up as soon as it’s in print 🙂
I didn’t sleep properly for weeks while preparing my folio, the result of which is that now that it’s finished I can’t seem to STOP sleeping.
I handed in said folio, it was marked, and a ridiculous debacle has ensued. As one of MANY things to go wrong, a person in charge did not think it essential to specify to the supposed ‘industry markers’ (that’s another long story) that an actual mark and feedback was necessary, thus I have no idea where I stand and am a bit lost as to whether / how / where I should be applying for jobs. Thanks uni. I hope you realise the real outcome is that you shot yourself in the foot, big time. 100 unhappy graduates?… Uhh maybe… that was a bad move…
So… I am jobless and (as I get cut off from the government on 20th November) possibly homeless very soon 😛
I’ll put the content of my folio up here. Sometime soon. When I come to terms with all this / it’s all sorted out and such.
In the meantime, here is a photo (photo credit belongs to Steph, I believe?) taken at our exhibition. That’s mine in the top right corner the two people are looking at.
The one they have open is my design folio, the one underneath that’s closed is photography. Yeeeah I made 2. They don’t look very impressive from here, but I assure you, they are both very…. um.. fat…
Things are just a little bit crazy at the moment with trying to finish my portfolio…. So there will probably be a post here and there with a couple of images for the next couple of weeks but for now keeping up with the blog is the least of my worries! 🙂 See you on the other side….